28 October 2016

Walk in Wardrobe Makeover with Elfa and Howards Storage World

Many people rate the kitchen as the most important room in the home. While I agree, there is at least one additional room in the home that will sell me a house.

The walk in robe.

Practically no one would have walked into our now home and thought that it was 'the one' ... it was smelly, dirty and quite frankly, disgusting, and made you feel like you needed to visit the doctor for a tetanus shot after every visit and inspection.

But we saw potential and location, location, location.

And so #thebourkebuild began.

The robe was practically an empty shell so I took that as an opportunity to seek out shelving options and contacted Howards Storage World to investigate what solutions they had available.


Once the carpet was stripped, existing shelving was removed and the floor was laid and the room was painted the room was ready.

I was connected with Kellie from the Maroochydore store {also a mother of twins} who visited the house, reviewed the space and took some measurements. We had a chat about the different shelving units/systems available and with Kellie's recommendation, we started to design the space using the Elfa products.

{from the HSW website}
Elfa is a durable, customisable shelving system that is flexible enough to be used in any room in the home or office. elfa products are designed and built in Sweden and are supported with a ten year warranty.
I chose a combination of mesh and wire baskets, some long and short hanging and some shelving to create a space where multiple items could be stored.

My dad and husband completed the installation and at times it was a little tricky but within a few hours my wardrobe was ready and waiting to be filled.


 I really love the space and find it really easy to keep tidy and organised. The only thing I would change is to use the mesh baskets for both sets of drawers as it looks smarter and less exposed. I've got to admit I was less than impressed with the size of the room when we bought the house after selling a house that had a very generous walk in robe but with Kellie's knowledge and design, I've got more than enough room to store my stuff and navigate the space. The Elfa solution is also future proof as the shelving and baskets can be moved around if my requirements change.


Check out Howard's Organisation Station site for heaps of ideas, makeovers and storage tips.

{I was offered a discount to purchase these products but was not paid for this blog post}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Be sure to leave your URL so I can pop by and return the favour xx