07 April 2014

Home Truths > Home Secret

I was lucky enough to be invited to the opening of the My Home Secret store last week right here on the Sunshine Coast. I took mum along and we were greeted by a free bacon and egg roll upon entry which gave us plenty of sustenance for the bargain hunting ahead. Home Secret is the sister store to probably my favorite store - Trade Secret, and its focus is to offer a range of homewares, soft furnishings, cookware and some unique furniture pieces at insanely awesome prices.

The store is bigger than expected and has SUCH a range of products that I'd be very surprised if anyone (even your boyfriend or dad standing in the corner with his arms crossed) could leave without at least buying something. There is even a small section for the furry members of your family! Oh, and it's attached to the current Kawana Trade Secret store (which has had a fabulous makeover) so there is more than one reason to tackle the traffic on Nicklin Way to get there!


I was very impressed with the crockery on offer and was very tempted to take home just about one of everything. I especially fell in love with a Vera Wang for Wedgewood plate set and a jumbo cup and saucer which even though it was 1/3 of the full RRP, I couldn't justify spending $25 on a cup and saucer. You bet your bottom dollar though that I will be checking back shortly to see if it gets reduced enough to justify yet another mug/cup in our cupboard (my aunty and mum will relate!)


I was surprised and excited to see aisles dedicated to decorating little girls and boys rooms as well as lighting, rugs, furniture, mirrors, clocks and even gourmet food and coffee and tea.


The team at Trade/Home Secret kindly provided me with a voucher to hunt down some goodies and hunting I did. We needed a new frypan in the trainee mama/daddy household and there were so many choices I had to ring TD to ask his opinion. I nearly ended up with a Le Creuset stainless steel pan but instead scored a two pack of ceramic Baccarat pans (at a cost just over 25% of the RRP) as well as a Raco brand wok which we've been wanting for AGES. Ned picked out a cute KAS pillow and I added some teatowels and an over-the-door rack to my haul.



Oh, I loved this wine rack too but realistically I would never have the self control to keep it stocked.

You should definitely visit if you're ever on the Sunshine Coast! Home Secret is in the Home Central complex off Kawana Way. 

I have four $50 vouchers to give away to spend at Home Secret (also valid at Trade Secret if you can't make it to the Sunshine Coast) ... leave a comment here letting me know your home secret or if you'd prefer leave a comment simply saying 'random draw'. You can enter on facebook too. Entries close this Friday 11th April 2014 at midday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Be sure to leave your URL so I can pop by and return the favour xx